If you would like to know a little more about the Podhale region and it's traditions, then sign up for this day trip in Zakoapne. Our guide will show you around town and introduce you to some of our local treasures. During the tour you will visit a house that belonged to Sabała (it still belongs to the family) the most famous highlander in Poland. Sabała's stories in some way created Podhale as we know now it. One of the major part of life under the Tatra mountains are conncted to sheep grazing and sheep's cheese called oscypek that will be introduced to you during a visit to one of the highlanders huts. We will then alos take you on a horse carriage ride into one of the most scenic vallyes in the Tatras - Kościeliska Valley which was always admired by polish artists.
Day Trip includes
- Transport from Kraków to Zakopane, around and back to Kraków
- Private guide
- Gubałówka funicular up/down
- Museum tickets
- Cheese tasting
- Horse carriage
- 7:30 am Pick up from Kraków and drive to Zakopane
- 10:00 You will meet with your guide at the meeting point and take a 2hr city tour around the center and old town. You will visit a local old, historical wooden church and it's famous artistic cemetery. We will then take the funicular up Gubałówka hill where there are great views of the Tatra mountains and Zakopane.
- 12:00 Next we will drive to Sabała house museum. This is the oldest house in Zakopane that belonged to Jan Krzeptowski Sabała, most known highlander (famous story teller) in Poland.
- 12:30 From the museum we will drive to try local sheep cheese in one of the highlanders huts. You get to taste different types of oscypek - the cheese, grill your own and try local, home made lemon vodka.
- 14:00 After tasting all those delicious stuff we will take you for lunch to Kiry village, where Kościeliska Valley starts.
- 15:00 At the entrance to Kościeliska Valley you will start your horse carriage ride that will last about 1,5hr.
- 17:00 We take you back to Zakopane where you have around 1,5hr free time to walk around and enjoy the town.
- 18:30 We pick you up from meeting point and drive you back to Kraków.
What's not included
Other useful info
- Have some drinks and snacks with you.
- Always have extra clothes and rain coat in your bag.
- Wear comfortable boots.
- The plan can change according to weather conditions.
2 People: 840zl p/p
5 People: 540zl p/p
3 People: 720zl p/p
6 People: 490zl p/p
4 People: 590zl p/p
7 People: 440zl p/p
Reviews from our clients
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃