This day focuses on hiking activity as much as relaxing activity. The hike you are experiencing here goes along the highlanders routes where they use to spend all summer days in Tatras with thier sheep. Each part of the route has a different character and different views to offer. At the end of the hike we stop by highlander's Bacówka (cheese hut) where you will taste true local sheep cheese, learn about its very old tradition since the 15th century and see how people worked and lived here. This experience will be complemented by a visit in Sabała House museum, the oldest house in Zakopane. After lunch you have time to relax at a ride with horse carriage into Kościeliska Valley (most beautiful valley in Tatras) and then you can choose if you would like to spend rest of your evening in Chochołowska Termals Spa or go back to Zakopane and enjoy the town on your own.
Day Trip includes
- All Transport from your accommodation in Zakopane area and back.
- Hike with a guide
- National Park entry fees
- Chesee tasting
- Sabała house museum
- Horse carriage
- 8:00 am Pick up from your accommodation in Zakopane and transfer to start point for the hike at Gronik.
- Hike takes around 4 hr. It is farely easy hike that goes through forest and open glades so the view keeps changing all the time.
- We finish in Biały Potok glade.
- 12:00 We stay and rest at Biały Potok in the cheese hut where you get to taste local sheep cheese, learn how it is made and you can grill your own cheese. You can also try home made lemon vodka. We spend there up to 1,5hr
- 13:30 We take you to local museum, the oldest house in Zakopane which was a house of the most known góral (highlander)- Sabała. The house still belongs the family. The visit takes about 30 min.
Lunch and free time
- 14:00 We will drop you off at Kiry (Kościeliska valley area) where you will have free time and lunch 1hr.
- 15:00 You start horse carrige that takes you through Kościeliska valley. You will have time to relax and take pictures.
- After 1,5 hr you are back at Kiry.
- 16:30 We can take you back to Zakopane or to Chochołowskie Termy for the rest of your evening. The choise is yours :)
What's not included
Other useful info
- Have some drinks and snacks for the hike.
- Always have extra clothes and rain coat in your bag when going to mountains.
- Wear hiking boots.
- Be prepared it can be muddy on hiking trails (!)
- If you choose the option with Termals take swimming suits with you
- The plan can change according to weather conditions.
2 People:850 zł p/p
5 People: 550 zł p/p
3 People: 650 zł p/p
6 People: 500 zł p/p
4 People: 600 zł p/p
7 People: 480 zł p/p
Reviews from our clients
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃
Other Popular Activities
Climbing High Tatras
The Tatras offer some of the best hiking and climbing routes in Europe. Some of the routes are only reachable with an experience Tatra guide, they are not marked for tourists and offer some of the best views and climbing possibilities. There are also some climbs that are on marked trails but worth taking a guide. If you are experienced in hiking, you should definitely try our hiking and climbing trip to take your mountain hiking to the next level.
Horse Carriage Ride - Koscieliska Valley
The horse carriage ride takes place in the beautiful Koscieliska Valley, one of the most beautiful valleys in Tatra Mountains and great for outdoor activities. We offer a horse carriage ride all year round (in the winter, you will be in a sleigh) into the valley. The stop is at Hala Pisana glade where you have a moment for a rest and pictures.
Jewish secrets in Zakopane
On this tour we would like to introduce you to a completely different Zakopane that you may not have heard of. Not many people know that below the Tatras lived many Jewish families who worked here and had a big part in creating the town that we know today. There was a vibrant Jewish community with a synagogue, shops, workshops and even a cemetery here. Nowadays you can however barely find any signs of their past here but our guide will help you discover this lost world and rich cultural Jewish past.
Zakopane and the surrounding area offer some of the best hiking routes in Poland and some of the most spectacular scenery. We offer tailor-made guided hiking tours in the Tatra National Park according to your ability and needs. The tours are mostly in the nearby valleys and on to higher peaks. We discuss the tour (length and destination) with you before the hike and decide together which route to take. We work with some of the best Tatra mountain guides and you can be sure of a fun and informative experience.
Cheese Tasting + Highlander Museum Tour
This is the perfect opportunity to learn about the Highlander culture of Zakopane and the surrounding Podhale region. We will take you to one of the oldest houses in Zakopane, once owned by one of the most famous highlanders. From there we will continue to a local cheese hut (Bacowka) where we will explain more about highlander culture and also sample different forms of the renowned smoked sheep's cheese.