This is our special combination of walking and food tour in Zakopane town. Podhale region has its own unique culture and traditions including food which developed independently among highlandres. Delicious "moskole", one of its kind- "oscypek" cheese or "litworówka" liquor are the best examples of the regional cuisine. You can enjoy this kind of food in traditional restaurants having a taste of those meals and more. In the meantime we would love to present the history, culture and Zakopane itself closer to our guests.
Food Tour includes
- Zakopane sightseeing: middle town, main Street Krupówki, old town.
- You will visit different types of restaurants that present Zakopane.
- Tour guide who will tell you about the places you will see on the way and food you will try.
- 6 different dishes, two alcoholic shots, one non alcoholic drink.
Let us take you for this amazing tour. We didn't want it to be just a food tour with no story about our home land. We want to take our guests for a walk around Zakopane and make you feel closer to it and see it as we see it. There is around a 10-15 min walk between some of the restaurants which give us a time for a break between one meal and another and gives you a chance to see Zakopane streets and find out its history.
1. The tour starts by our office at Kościuszki 22. Right next to us is the first restaurant to visit. It is Zakopaniński Bar "FIS" that was built for FIS competitions in Zakopane in 1962. Here you will try classic polish barszcz soup and traditional cabbage dish- bigos.
2. Next we will take a walk towards Krupówki st. Here we will walk in to local restaurant "Zohylina Bąkowo Wyżnio" to try polish pierogi and rydze mushrooms (available only in certain months) or śledź- herring. As it is also a shot tasting you will try litworówka shot. Litwor is a very precious and rare plant that is characteristic for high parts in Tatra Mountains. Litwor is a protected species but to make litworówka there are separate growing fields for the production.
3. We take a walk down Krupówki st which is the city centre of Zakopane and the most popular street in Podhale (perhaps even in Poland). Krupówki has quite a history to tell and nearly each building has its own, unique story. Once we get to the end of the street we get into the oldest part of the town. These days it looks nothing like the old village from the XVIII century but some buildings are still here including the restaurant that we are visiting. "U Wnuka" is the oldest restaurant in Zakopane. Here we'll present to you moskole potato pancakes and oscypek cheese. As and adding a shot of Piołunówka, made out of common wormwood.
4. Our fourth stop is caffe bar "STRH" that is on the top floor of a building that belongs to "Samanta" bakery, our very local brand that has been in Zakopane since 1927. We pick the top flor for the great view and the terrace where you can enjoy traditional apple pie and mixed fruit tea.
Tour step by step
- Meeting at Baza Tatry, Kościuszki 22.
- Restaurant "Zakopnianski bar FIS" - barszcz soup, bigos.
- Restaurant "Zohylina Bąkowo Niżnio" - pierogi, rydze mushrooms or śledź herring, shot of flavoured vodka.
- Restaurant "U Wnuka" - moskole, oscypek, shot of flavoured vodka.
- Caffe bar "STRH" - apple pie, tea.
Price per Person: 360 zł
Price per Person: 320 zł
Price per Person: 290 zł
Price per Person: 270 zł
Price per Person: 250 zł
Price per Person: 240 zł
Other useful info
- The tour is a walking tour and there is no transport included.
- The tour lasts around 2,5-3hrs.
- Please have rain coats or umbreallas in case of bad weather.
- If you have any food alergies, please let us know when booking this tour.
- During high season there might be an issue booking places in the restaurants. In that case we will pick different places but in simmilar style.
Reviews from our clients
We had a fab time in Zakopane. BazaTatry really looked after us all week, giving us excellent ski lessons and taking us on half days out to the mountains and various ski resorts. We would highly recommend booking with them and look forward to returning soon!
The house is excellent! We really enjoyed our stay. We also enjoyed the rafting trip and it was nice to be picked up and pass the queues for the rafting. The guide spoke only Polish but made an effort to explain things to us. Happy to have booked with BazaTatry!
Hi Retha, Thank you very much for an excellent stay in Zakopane. We had the best stay and only wish we could have stayed longer. We had a fantastic time learning to Ski with Peter. He was very helpful getting us organised with ski gear and patient teaching us to ski.
The view is amazing and the facilities are great to unwind at the end of an action packed active day, which Retha is also happy to organise for us. We would recommend a hike in the area, fat biking and a snowboard lesson organised through Retha. Next time we are in Zakopane we would definitely stay here again!
Thanks a lot for your kindness. It was really a pleasure to stay with you that day. For sure Zacopane have more things to be discovered, in our next visit we will contact you again. See you... 👍😃